Last Updated: September 2022
Our website address is: https://improveit.com.au
Information Collection Statement
Improve.IT (“we”, “our”, “us”) provides services and products in the information technology industry. Part of this service provision requires us to protect your privacy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act of 1988 contains sections we are bound by. They concern a number of principles in relation to the protection of your personal and business information and how we must deal with our customers in relation to this information. Personal information held by Improve.IT may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail address, details of your services and information we require to perform our services for you.
Business information includes but is not limited to continuous quality improvement records and related information entered by you or by us following written confirmation from you.
How We Collect Your Personal and Business Information
During our provision of services, we may collect some relevant information:
- Contact forms on this website which you complete and send to us
- In conversation with you and your employees, in person or by e-mail, fax and telephone
- From third parties such as related companies, or your representatives
- From publicly available sources
- When we are required to do so by law
- From our own records of your usage of Improve.IT services
We do not collect business information for you or on your behalf.
How We Use Your Personal and Business Information
Your information may be used to:
- Provide products and services to you
- Provide testing and data integrity assistance
- Provide you with updated or new information about our products or services
- For the development of existing and new products and services
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- Actively promote our other products and services to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications please advise us on (03) 6281 2383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
When We Disclose Your Personal and Business Information
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside Improve.IT. At such times, we would always seek your permission. Such organisations may include:
- The Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
- The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisers
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
- Our related organisations
- Other organisations involved in:
- Managing the sale/transfer of all or part of our assets or business
- Managing our trade receivables
- Managing our business, funding, and financial affairs
Accuracy of Your Personal and Business Information
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date and we appreciate notification of errors, omissions, or changes. This is especially important for information required for us to communicate with you, such as a change in name or address. We do not take responsibility for the accuracy of your business information in relation to spelling, grammar, intent, omissions, commissions, or mistakes.
Security of Your Personal and Business Information
Improve.IT takes reasonable steps that your personal and business information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some notable measures to ensure the security of your information include:
- 128 Bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection encryption
- Scheduled periodic backups of the Improve.IT database
The security of this information is also dependent on your own measures to protect your subscriber passwords from disclosure and unauthorised use.
Access to Your Personal and Business Information
You have the right to access any of your personal and business information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of this information, write to us requesting the information and we will provide it to you. Improve.IT reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
We retain your information indefinitely whenever you:
- Use the Contact Us form
- Request a product demo
- Send a request for help via this website.
We use session cookies to ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within our site and that any information you have entered is remembered. This cookie is installed when you log in and uninstalled when you log out. We do not use persistent cookies that identify you as a user who has been to our site before. You always have the option to disable cookies by turning them off in your browser. However, you should be aware that many of the services available on the Improve.IT website will not work if you have chosen to do this.
We provide links to other third-party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with us through a business partnership or otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
Changes to This Statement
We will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the top of this privacy statement.
Telephone: (03) 6281 2383 between 9 PM and 5 PM weekdays
Feedback: Click here to fill out the feedback form
Post: Privacy, PO Box 196, Blackmans Bay, TAS, 7052